An updated list was released to the venture-officer corps on May 12th. As part of the update, RVC approval is no longer required to schedule recent multi-table interactive specials, no multi-table interactives must be run at conventions, and 10-98 now has a three-table requirement.
Our last public bulk update from Tonya was from April 29th, 2019, but as of this writing, it is out of date. This list is obviously not the authoritative source; check with campaign leadership to confirm the current Special rules.
Specials for Other Systems
Requirement: 4+ star GM, or any Venture Officer, at any time
These scenarios may be run by any 4-star or 5-star GM or a Venture-Officer at any time. They also may be run by anybody at a convention. Any convention may schedule Bonekeep, as there are no table minimums.
- Bonekeep Level 1: The Silent Grave (Levels 3-7)*
- Bonekeep Level 2: Maze to the Mind Slave (Levels 3-7)*
- Bonekeep Level 3: The Wakening Tomb (Levels 5-9)*
* The Bonekeep series must be run in real time due to the time constraints that are a critical part of each scenario, and cannot be run in a play-by-post environment.
Requirement: 4+ star GM, at any time
These scenarios may be run anywhere, but only by 4-star and 5-star GMs. (And ONLY them—Venture-Officers may only run them if they meet this requirement. VCs get a +2 and VLs a +1 to their star rating to meet this requirement.)
- #6-98 Serpent’s Rise (Levels 7 Special Pregens Only)
- #7-97 Serpents’ Ire (Level 8 Special Pregens Only)
- #7-99 Through Maelstrom Rift (Level 6 Special Pregens Only)
Requirement: 5 star GM
This scenario may be run anywhere but only by 5-star GMs. (And ONLY them—Venture-Officers may only run it if they meet this requirement. VCs get a +2 and VLs a +1 to their star rating to meet this requirement).
- #6-99 True Dragons of Absalom (Level 4 Special Pregens Only)
Multi-Table Interactive Specials
These scenarios may be run anywhere if they meet the listed table minimum, are playing the scenario simultaneously, and are in contact with each other. Previously, some multi-table interactives needed to be run at conventions; this requirement has been removed for these games as of May 12th 2021.
For purposes of qualifying for these specials, you may add both Standard and Core tables add together. For example, if you had 3 Standard tables and 1 Core table for Race for the Runecarved Key, that would qualify as the 4 total tables you need to run the scenario.
Also as of May 12th, 2021, RVC approval is no longer required to schedule a multi-table interactive. It is still considered best practice to communicate with your RVC when scheduling, however.
- #2-SP Year of the Shadow Lodge (Levels 1-11)
- #8-99 The Solstice Scar (Levels 1-11) (does not need to be run at a convention)(from post by author, and John Compton confirms)
- #10-00 The Hao Jin Cataclysm (Levels 1-11)
- #10-98 Siege of Gallowspire (Levels 5-16)
- #4-SP Race for the Runecarved Key (Levels 1-20)
- #3-SP Blood Under Absalom (Levels 1-11)
- #5-SP Siege of the Diamond City (Levels 1-15)
- #6-00 Legacy of the Stonelords (Levels 1-11)
- #6-97 Siege of Serpents (Levels 1-11)
- #7-00 The Sky Key Solution (Levels 1-11)
- #9-00 Assault on Absalom (Levels 1-11) must have at least 2 tables of 2+ players to run the ACG component
- #8-00 The Cosmic Captive (Levels 1-11) must have at least 2 tables of 2+ players to run the ACG component
Not all specials stay that way. In particular, 2-EX, 3-EX, and 4-EX have all been re-released as mundane scenarios over time. If those scenarios were run prior to their rerelease date, they count as specials for purposes of qualifying for your 5th GM star. According to a post on the Paizo forums, those scenarios were re-released on the following dates: