Once per session, while wearing a faction pin matching your character’s faction, you may add 1 to any skill check. If you apply this benefit to one of your faction’s favored skills, listed below, you instead roll 1d4 and add the result. For this roll you also treat the faction’s favored skill as if you were trained, even if you don’t have a rank in it.
- Dark Archive: Knowledge (arcana), Linguistics, and Use Magic Device
- The Exchange: Appraise, Intimidate, and Knowledge (local)
- Grand Lodge: Diplomacy, Knowledge (history), and Survival
- Liberty’s Edge: Escape Artist, Perform, and Disable Device
- Scarab Sages: Knowledge (any)
- Silver Crusade: Heal, Knowledge (religion), and Sense Motive
- Sovereign Court: Bluff, Disguise, and Knowledge (nobility)
Using your faction pin
According to a clarification posted by John Compton, you must choose to use your pin benefit before you make the roll.
Wearing your faction pin
As per a John Compton post on the subject, you must “wear” your faction pin, but what “wearing it” means is flexible–“On a backpack? Lanyard? Shirt? Sure.” Just make sure it’s displayed prominently.